How can I be notified about Irving Shipbuilding’s Supply Chain opportunities?
On ShipsForCanada.ca, click the link “For Suppliers” to learn:
- How to express your interest in joining Irving Shipbuilding’s supply chain
- Irving Shipbuilding’s Supply Chain Principles & Strategy
- How to register. Be sure to submit your registration – registrations that are only saved are not viewed
What qualifications does my company need to be considered for contracts with Irving Shipbuilding?
This depends on the product or service, but considerations include:
- Capability to provide the required materials or services
- An established position in the markets that you serve
- Ability to provide Canadian manufactured content for Canada
- Ability to provide great value for Canada
- Robust quality assurance, international organization for standardization certifications (ISO) or equivalent controls
- Security clearances including Controlled Goods and Canadian Industrial Securities Directorate (CISD) including security clearances
- Workers compensation board registrations and appropriate insurances
- Agreement on Terms and Conditions
How will I be able to find out what bids are being put out to tender?
- Notification of upcoming public Request-For-Proposals (RFPs) are sent to all companies registered with us for the materials and services in which they have expressed interest. They are not made publicly available.
- Materials and service categories may be revised – be sure to respond when you are notified of any revisions.
How do you evaluate submitted bids?
Bid evaluations vary by contract, based on scope, complexity, and cost, but include:
- Compliance with all functional requirements
- Providing best value to Canada including, wherever possible, Indigenous and small business content
How can I prepare?
Communicate clearly what your enterprise has to offer & how this will add value to Irving Shipbuilding and to Canada
Questions? Please contact email@example.com